In the restaurant and bar business, the capability of the bartender or mixologist to recreate world-famous cocktails and even his or her signature mixes with consistency and accuracy every time is paramount. Customers pay a premium for the mix they want, and the bartender must ensure that he delivers the perfect cocktail.
Hence, in order to get the right cocktail mix, having the best cocktail jigger is a must.
Cocktails are expensive not only because of the alcohol but also because each cocktail requires more than one ingredient. Jiggers are vital tools to be used since they measure the precise amount of the liquid element each recipe needs.
The debate of free pour versus jigger has been going on for years, and we’re not going into that, but from a business perspective, being able to control wastage is the best way to go.
Below, we will be reviewing what we consider as the three best cocktail jigger products.
OXO SteeL Double Jigger
- Double-flip jigger for dual measurement purposes
- Large portion jigger has 5 ounces of capacity with ¾ ounces and ⅓ ounces increments
- Small portion jigger has ¼ ounces of capacity and 0.5 ounces and one ounce increments
- Soft, non-slip, slim grip at the mid spot for easy handling and pouring
- Laser-etched permanent measurement markings
- Easy-to-read digits for accurate measurement
- Product Dimension : 2.3 inches x 2.3 inches x 2.9 inches
- Item weight: 3.2 ounces
- Shipping weight: 3.5 ounces
- Guaranteed dishwasher safe
- Easy Handling: The soft rubber material makes it easy and comfortable to use. The jigger can be easily placed between fingers and flipped quickly when required.
- Measurement Marker: The etched lines and digits can be read quickly for delivering accurate mixes.
- Thick Waist: Though it has a distinctive waist, the OXO Steel double jigger is comparatively thicker than most jiggers. The soft rubber material contributes to a full waist.
- Breaks Apart: There have been many reported issues with the construction design. The rubber materials get loose after repetitive cycles in the dishwasher, and the middle portions break apart—splitting the top and bottom jiggers into two.
Weiss Mugs 100% Copper Jigger Shot Glass
- 100% made of pure copper
- Double-sided jigger shot glass
- Food-grade lacquer coating that acts as a protection to the luster of the copper
- Natural copper patina
- Measurement of one-ounce and two-ounce markers
- Hammered style copper finish on the outside
- Polished smooth, shiny finish on the inside
- Modern touch for an old classic look
- Package dimension : 5.5 inches x 4.1 inches x 2.5 inches
- Listed item weight is 5.6 ounces
- Elegant Style: The B. Weiss Copper Jigger projects a classic style because of the hammered metal design. Also, the patina projects a sophisticated and elegant look.
- Packaging: The B. Weiss Copper Jigger is packed and delivered in an elegant-looking box. The jigger will look perfect when displayed beside the box and is also a great gift idea.
- Purpose: The jigger serves a dual purpose. It can be used for measuring and as a liquor shot glass for straight drinking.
- Price: The price of the copper jigger is comparatively more expensive than stainless steel counterparts.
- Measurement Marker: The B. Weiss copper jigger only offers two measurements that are placed on the lid.
Vking Japanese-Style Stainless Steel Double Cocktail Jigger
- Japanese-style jigger
- Double-sided jigger
- Large Portion Jigger: Measurement of 1.5 ounces marker
- Small Portion Jigger: Measurement of 0.5 ounces to ¾ ounces marker
- Brush-finished stainless steel
- Made from 304 (18/8) stainless steel material which makes it safe to use for drinks
- Optional colors of either silver or gold finish
- Easy to clean and rinse using a non-abrasive cleaner
- Money-back satisfaction guarantee
- Product Dimension: 2 in x 2 in x 4.9 in
- Listed Item Weight: 2.4 ounces
- Accuracy: Japanese jiggers are known for their accuracy in measuring liquid. The simple explanation would be the amount of the top surface area. The less surface area, the lesser the surface tension it creates when filling to the lid. With a slender, taller but thinner cylinder, the surface tension is less. The liquid that ‘bulges’ on top is less compared to wider jiggers.
- Easy to Hold: The VKing Japanese-Style Jigger is very comfortable to hold because of its thin waist. Hence, the jigger can easily slip in between your fingers. A person with smaller hands and shorter fingers will find the Japanese jigger very easy and comfortable to use.
- Unique Styling. Japanese-style jiggers are known for their tall and slender designs. An experienced bartender can easily distinguish a Japanese jigger from the rest.
- Measurement Marker: The VKing Japanese Double Cocktail Jigger is etched with readable digits and lines. The etched measurements guarantee that you get to create accurate mixes for years.
- Lightweight: With a listed weight of only 2.4 ounces, the VKing Japanese Cocktail Jigger is very light to carry by one hand. For prolonged and repetitive use, a light jigger will be better for the bartender compared to other jiggers that are twice as heavy.
- Durability: The connecting portion of the jigger on the waist may turn loose after many years of use.
Best Cocktail Jigger: Our Findings
Each of the three best cocktail jigger brands we reviewed contains distinct characteristics of a good jigger. The OXO SteeL Double Jigger is versatile for being able to measure liquids smaller than one and two ounces with a simple flip of the jigger.
However, the construction issue poses doubts for future buyers and current users. The B. Weiss Copper Jigger looks elegant and sophisticated, but it lacks the versatility to measure liquids smaller than an ounce accurately.
Compared to the two, our choice in this set for the best cocktail jigger would be the VKing Japanese-Style Jigger. It has the versatility to measure liquids other than one and two ounces.
The precise and accurate measurement is possible because of its unique and carefully studied shape. It is lightweight, has a unique style, and is durable enough to last you several cocktail-mixing years.